“Technical solutions for extreme environments”
VARMEX® is a fire-retardant technical textile that protects against metal drops, fire, embers,
- VARMEX® is synonymous with burnt fibers and available in different variations which you can find on this site.
- Designed to provide optimal protection for various work situations.
- Meets a wide range of European Norms as well as Boeing and Airbus standards.
- The same fibers later used for developing composite plastic, used in Formula 1 racing cars, space shuttles and skis.
VARMEX® TEXTILE AND INDUSTRY
We are committed to providing customers with the best protection for the hazards they face, and test our materials to verify that every product meets our performance standards.
Our non-flammable fibers undergo strict and rigorous testing ensuring that only those fulfilling our compositional requirement are sourced and utilized in the construction of our yarns.
The Yarn is then spun in a customized and highly specialized environment only to be subjected to additional testing to qualify and verify its quality prior to conversion.
Each lot of fabric is tested against a final set of criteria in an onsite facility to verify consistency in construction and performance prior to shipment.
Every day, professionals and enthusiasts who work and play in some of the world's most hazardous environments rely on VARMEX® flame-resistant clothes.
VARMEX® Flame resistant clothing and fabric buys crucial time for individuals around fire and direct flame hazards and can mean the difference between life and death.
With the ability to shed most molten metals, and not melt, ignite or burn, VARMEX® fabrics are the safer protective solution fit to stand up to the risk of molten metal.
VARMEX® non-flammable fabrics are used in arc flash clothes because it provides the wearer with protection against arc flash hazards - even effects of electrical arcing.
The VARMEX® Product Family
Our VARMEX® textiles are suitable for a wide range of work tasks with their unique features. Therefore, we have developed and designed several product families.
Flame-retardant fabric. Insulates from excessive heat, sparks and embers. Withstands 2000 ° C. Ideal for welding clothing as welding jackets, welding hoods, welding sleeves and welding covers.
- Insulates against strong heat, sparks and embers and can withstand up to 2000 °C
- Low weight, soft and flexible
- Does not reflect light, is also antistatic and breathable
A soft, lightweight, breathable and flexible material. Suitable for flame retardant underwear in work situations with high temperatures (for higher insulation, see VARMEX® Therm).
- Combining burned fibers with inter alia Heat-treated wool gives a very soft, lightweight and flexible material.
- Suitable as flame retardant underwear and intermediate clothing in high temperature work situations.
Sorbent for water or contaminated water. Engineered from VARMEX® 2000 fiber and absorbs up to 50 times its own weight.
- Absorbs up to 50 times its weight
- The absorbents is very flexible and moldable and can be fitted into smaller openings, cracks, etc.
VARMEX® coated with aluminum reflects heat radiation. Suitable for industries that use large furnaces, and where you are exposed to strong radiation heat such as foundries.
- Can withstand temperatures up to 900 ° C
- Products in VARMEX® Alu includes jackets, aprons, suits, coats, leg guards, gloves etc
A stronger woven fabric than our Jersey gives you VARMEX® Therm. For improved comfort, flame resistance and high thermal insulation.
We also offer tailor-made solutions that suits your needs and your situation.
Will VARMEX® 2000 burn or ignite?
No. VARMEX® is able to withstand the direct flame of a 2000° C blow torch without igniting, burning or melting.
Is VARMEX® comfortable?
Yes. VARMEX® non-flammable fabrics offer wearers the highest level of persistent protection against fire, molten metal and arc flash, while providing breathability as well. In addition, VARMEX® is incredibly soft to the touch and lightweight, wearing much like cotton.
Is VARMEX® available in any colors other than black?
VARMEX® knits are only available in black. VARMEX® wovens (VARMEX® Jersey) are only available in blue.
How do I wash my VARMEX® garments?
Always wash VARMEX® garments in warm or cold water on the gentle cycle with a small amount of mild detergent,
Afterwards hang dry VARMEX® garments. You can also machine dry them on low heat as well