2. Oil-Only Sorbent Safety Data Sheet according to Regulation (EC) No. 453/2010 08/09/2014 EN (English) 2/5 First-aid measures after inhalation : Not expected to be a primary route of exposure. First-aid measures after skin contact : Not expected to pre sent a significant dermal hazard under anticipated cond itions of normal use. First-aid measures after eye contact : Rinse with plenty of water. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to d o. Continue rinsing. Obtain medical attention if irritation develops or persists. First-aid measures after ingestion : Do NOT induce vomitin g. Rinse mouth. Immediately call a POISON CENTER or doctor/physician. 4.2. Most Important Symptoms and Effects, Both Acute an d Delayed Symptoms/injuries : Not expected to present a significa nt hazard under anticipated conditions of normal use. Symptoms/injuries after inhalation : Not expected to be a primary route of exposure. Symptoms/injuries after skin contact : Not expected to p resent a significant dermal hazard under anticipated con ditions of normal use. Symptoms/injuries after eye contact : May cause eye irritat ion. Symptoms/injuries after ingestion : Ingestion is likely to be harmful or have adverse effects. Chronic symptoms : None expected under normal condition s of use. 4.3. Indication of Any Immediate Medical Attention an d Special Treatment Needed If you feel unwell, seek medical advice (show the lab el where possible). SECTION 5: Firefighting measures 5.1. Extinguishing Media Suitable extinguishing media : Use extinguishing media a ppropriate for surrounding fire. Unsuitable extinguishing media : Do not use a heavy wate r stream. Use of heavy stream of water may spread fire. 5.2. Special Hazards Arising From the Substance or Mixtu re Fire hazard : Not considered flammable but may burn at h igh temperatures. Explosion hazard : Product itself is not explosive. Reactivity : Hazardous reactions will not occur under norma l conditions. 5.3. Advice for firefighters Precautionary measures fire : Exercise caution when fighti ng any chemical fire. Firefighting instructions : Use water spray or fog for cooling exposed containers. Protection during firefighting : Do not enter fire area wit hout proper protective equipment, including respiratory protection. SECTION 6: Accidental release measures 6.1. Personal precautions, protective equipment and em ergency procedures General measures : No special measures required. 6.1.1. For non-emergency personnel Protective equipment : Use appropriate personal protectio n equipment (PPE). Emergency procedures : Evacuate unnecessary personnel. 6.1.2. For emergency responders Protective equipment : Equip cleanup crew with proper p rotection. Emergency procedures : Eliminate ignition sources. Ventilat e area. 6.2. Environmental precautions Prevent entry to sewers and public waters. 6.3. Methods and material for containment and cleaning up For containment : Contain and collect as any solid. Methods for cleaning up : Dispose of waste safely. Transfer spilled material to a suitabl e container for disposal. Contact competent authorities after a spill. 6.4. Reference to other sections See Heading 8. Exposure controls and personal protection. SECTION 7: Handling and storage 7.1. Precautions for safe handling Additional hazards when processed : None. Precautions for safe handling : Good housekeeping is neede d during storage, transfer, handling, and use of this material. Hygiene measures : Handle in accordance with good industri al hygiene and safety procedures. Wash hands and other exposed areas with mild soap and water bef ore eating, drinking or smoking and when leaving work.
5. Oil-Only Sorbent Safety Data Sheet according to Regulation (EC) No. 453/2010 08/09/2014 EN (English) 5/5 14.5. Environmental hazards Other information : No supplementary information availabl e. 14.6. Special precautions for user 14.6.1. Overland transport No additional information available 14.6.2. Transport by sea No additional information available 14.6.3. Air transport No additional information available 14.7. Transport in bulk according to Annex II of MARPOL 7 3/78 and the IBC Code Not applicable SECTION 15: Regulatory information 15.1. Safety, health and environmental regulations/legisla tion specific for the substance or mixture 15.1.1. EU-Regulations No REACH Annex XVII restrictions Contains no REACH candidate substance VOC content : < 1 % 15.1.2. National regulations No additional information available 15.2. Chemical safety assessment No additional information available SECTION 16: Other information Revision date : 08/09/2014 Data sources : REGULATION (EC) No 1272/2008 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIA MENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 16 December 2008 on classification, labelling and packaging of substances and mixtures, amending and repealing Directives 67/548/EE C and 1999/45/EC, and amending Regulation (EC) No 1907/2006 SDS EU (REACH Annex II) This information is based on our current knowledge and is intended to describe the product for the purposes o f health, safety and environmental requirements only. It should not theref ore be construed as guaranteeing any specific property of the product.
4. Oil-Only Sorbent Safety Data Sheet according to Regulation (EC) No. 453/2010 08/09/2014 EN (English) 4/5 SECTION 10: Stability and reactivity 10.1. Reactivity Hazardous reactions will not occur under normal conditions. 10.2. Chemical stability Stable under recommended handling and storage conditions ( see section 7). 10.3. Possibility of hazardous reactions Hazardous polymerization will not occur. 10.4. Conditions to avoid Extremely high or low temperatures. Incompatible material s. Ignition sources. 10.5. Incompatible materials Strong oxidizers. 10.6. Hazardous decomposition products Carbon oxides (CO, CO 2 ). SECTION 11: Toxicological information 11.1. Information on toxicological effects Acute toxicity : Not classified Skin corrosion/irritation : Not classified Serious eye damage/irritation : Not classified Respiratory or skin sensitisation : Not classified Germ cell mutagenicity : Not classified Carcinogenicity : Not classified Reproductive toxicity : Not classified Specific target organ toxicity (single exposure) : Not classi fied Specific target organ toxicity (repeated exposure) : Not c lassified Aspiration hazard : Not classified SECTION 12: Ecological information 12.1. Toxicity No additional information available 12.2. Persistence and degradability No additional information available 12.3. Bioaccumulative potential No additional information available 12.4. Mobility in soil No additional information available 12.5. Results of PBT and vPvB assessment No additional information available 12.6. Other adverse effects Other information : Avoid release to the environment. SECTION 13: Disposal considerations 13.1. Waste treatment methods Waste disposal recommendations : Dispose of waste material in accordance with all local, regional, national, and international regulations. Ecology - waste materials : Avoid release to the environ ment. SECTION 14: Transport information In accordance with ADR / RID / IMDG / IATA / ADN 14.1. UN number No dangerous good in sense of transport regulations 14.2. UN proper shipping name Not applicable 14.3. Transport hazard class(es) Not applicable 14.4. Packing group Not applicable
3. Oil-Only Sorbent Safety Data Sheet according to Regulation (EC) No. 453/2010 08/09/2014 EN (English) 3/5 7.2. Conditions for safe storage, including any incompat ibilities Technical measures : Comply with applicable regulations. Storage conditions : Keep/Store away from direct sunlight, extremely high temperatures and incompatible materials. Incompatible products : Strong oxidizers. 7.3. Specific end use(s) Designed to absorb various oils such as lubricants, fuels, mine ral and vegetable oils For professional use only. SECTION 8: Exposure controls/personal protection 8.1. Control parameters Polypropylene (9003-07-0) Latvia OEL TWA (mg/m³) 5 mg/m³ Czech Republic Expoziční limity (PEL) (mg/m³) 5 mg/m³ Lithuania IPRV (mg/m³) 10 mg/m³ (not stabilized) Slovakia NPHV (priemerná) (mg/m³) 5,0 mg/m³ 8.2. Exposure controls Appropriate engineering controls : Ensure adequate ventilat ion, especially in confined areas. Personal protective equipment : Not required for normal co nditions of use. Materials for protective clothing : Not required for normal conditions of use. Hand protection : Not required for normal conditions of u se. Eye protection : Not required for normal conditions of use . Skin and body protection : Not required for normal condi tions of use. Respiratory protection : Not required for normal conditions o f use. Environmental exposure controls : Do not allow the produ ct to be released into the environment. Consumer exposure controls : Do not eat, drink or smoke du ring use. SECTION 9: Physical and chemical properties 9.1. Information on basic physical and chemical properti es Physical state : Solid Colour : White or colored fabric or particulate Odour : No data available Odour threshold : No data available pH : No data available Relative evaporation rate (butylacetate=1) : No data a vailable Melting point : 177 °C (350 °F) Freezing point : No data available Boiling point : No data available Flash point : 625 °C (1157 °F) Auto-ignition temperature : No data available Decomposition temperature : No data available Flammability (solid, gas) : No data available Vapour pressure : No data available Relative Density : 0,9 (Water=1) Relative vapour density at 20 °C : No data available Solubility : Insoluble Partition coefficient: n-octanol/water : No data avai lable Viscosity : No data available Explosive properties : No data available Oxidising properties : No data available Explosive limits : No data available 9.2. Other information VOC content : < 1 %
1. Oil-Only Sorbent Safety Data Sheet according to Regulation (EC) No. 453/2010 Revision date : 08/09 /2014 Date of issue : 08/09 /2014 Version : 1.0 08/09/2014 EN (English) 1/5 SECTION 1: Identification of the substance/mixture and of the company/undertaking 1.1. Product Identifier Product form : Fabric Product Name : Oil-Only Sorbent Product code : All M,OSW,OBW,OPW,OS,OSR,OSW,SFO,Z,ZS series products Synonyms : Pad, nonwoven 1.2. Relevant identified uses of the substance or mix ture and uses advised against 1.2.1. Relevant identified uses Use of the substance/mixture : Designed to absorb various oil s such as lubricants, fuels, mineral and vegetable oils. For professional use only. 1.2.2. Uses advised against No additional information available 1.3. Details of the supplier of the safety data sheet Company NPS Corporation 3303 Spirit Way Green Bay, WI 54304 800-558-5066 npscorp.com 1.4. Emergency Telephone Number Emergency Number : CHEMTREC: (800) 424-9300 (USA); +1 (703) 527-3887 ( International and Maritime) SECTION 2: Hazards identification 2.1. Classification of the Substance or Mixture Classification according to Regulation (EC) No. 1272/2008 [CLP] Not classified Classification according to Directive 67/548/EEC or 1999/45/EC Not classified Adverse physicochemical, human health and environmental effects No additional information available 2.2. Label Elements Labelling according to Regulation (EC) No. 1272/2008 [CLP] No labeling applicable Other hazards not contributing to the classification : Exposure may aggravate those with pre-existing eye, skin, or respiratory conditions. SECTION 3: Composition/information on ingredients 3.1. Substance Not applicable 3.2. Mixture Name Product Identifier % Classification according to Directive 67/548/EEC Polypropylene (CAS No) 9003-07-0 (EC no) 618-352-4 100 Not classified Name Product Identifier % Classification according to Regulation (EC) No. 1272/2008 [CLP] Polypropylene (CAS No) 9003-07-0 (EC no) 618-352-4 100 Not classified Full text of R- and H-phrases: see section 16 SECTION 4: First aid measures 4.1. Description of First Aid Measures First-aid measures general : Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. If you feel unwell, seek medical advice (show the label if possible).
To install this Web App in your iPhone/iPad press and then Add to Home Screen.