3M TM Scotch-Weld TM Epoxy Adhesive 2216 B-A Gray
5. 3M ™ Scotch-Weld ™ Epoxy Adhesive EC-2216 B/A Technical Datasheet Typical Adhesive Performance Characteristics A. Typical Shear Properties on Etched Aluminum ASTM D 1002 Cure: 2 hours @ 150 ± 5°F (66°C ± 2°C), 2 psi pressure Overlap Shear (psi) 3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Epoxy Adhesive Test Temperature EC-2216 B/A Gray EC-2216 B/A Translucent -423°F (-253°C) 2440 — -320°F (-196°C) 2740 — -100°F (-73°C) 3000 — -67°F (-53°C) 3000 3000 75°F (24°C) 3200 1700 180°F (82°C) 400 140 T-Peel Strength (piw) @ 75°F (24°C) 3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Epoxy Adhesive Test Temperature EC-2216 B/A Gray EC-2216 B/A Translucent 75°F (24°C) 25 25 B. Typical T-Peel Strength ASTM D 1876 Shear Modulus Test Temperature (Torsion Pendulum Method) -148°F (-100°C) 398,000 psi (2745 MPa) -76°F (-60°C) 318,855 psi (2199 MPa) -40°F (-40°C) 282,315 psi (1947 MPa) 32°F (0°C) 218,805 psi (1500 MPa) 75°F (24°C) 49,580 psi (342 MPa) - 5 - —No value present.
6. 3M ™ Scotch-Weld ™ Epoxy Adhesive EC-2216 B/A Technical Datasheet Overlap Shear (psi) 75°F (24°C) 3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Epoxy Adhesive EC-2216 B/A EC-2216 B/A Environment Time Gray Translucent 100% Relative Humidity 14 days 2950 psi — @ 120°F (49°C) 30 days 1985 psi 1390 psi 90 days 1505 psi — * Salt Spray @ 75°F (24°C) 14 days 2300 psi — 30 days 500 psi 1260 psi 60 days 300 psi — Tap Water @ 75°F (24°C) 14 days 3120 psi — 30 days 2942 psi 1950 psi 90 days 2075 psi — Air @ 160°F (71°C) 35 days 4650 psi — Air @ 300°F (149°C) 40 days 4930 psi 3500 psi Anti-icing Fluid @ 75°F (24°C) 7 days 3300 psi 2500 psi Hydraulic Oil @ 75°F (24°C) 30 days 2500 psi 2500 psi JP-4 Fuel 30 days 2500 psi 2500 psi Hydrocarbon Fluid 7 days 3300 psi 3000 psi Typical Adhesive Performance Characteristics ( continued) C. Overlap Shear Strength After Environmental Aging-Etched Aluminum Overlap Shear (psi) Time aged @ 300°F (149°C) Test Temperature 0 days 12 days 40 days 51 days -67°F (-53°C) 2200 3310 3120 2860 75°F (24°C) 3100 5150 4930 4740 180°F (82°C) 500 1000 760 1120 350°F (177°C) 420 440 560 — D. Heat Aging of 3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Epoxy Adhesive 2216 B/A Gray (Cured for 7 days @ 75°F [24°C]) - 6 - * Substrate corrosion resulted in adhesive failure. —No value present. —No value present.
3. 3M ™ Scotch-Weld ™ Epoxy Adhesive EC-2216 B/A Technical Datasheet Handling/Curing Information (continued) 3. For maximum bond strength, apply product evenly to both surfaces to be joined. 4. Application to the substrates should be made within 90 minutes. Larger quantities and/or higher temperatures will reduce this working time. 5. Join the adhesive coated surfaces and allow to cure at 60°F (16°C) or above until firm. Heat, up to 200°F (93°C), will speed curing. 6. The following times and temperatures will result in a full cure: 7. Keep parts from moving until handling strength is reached. Contact pressure is necessary. Maximum shear strength is obtained with a 3-5 mil bond line. Maximum peel strength is obtained with a 17-25 mil bond line. 8. Excess uncured adhesive can be cleaned up with ketone type solvents. * Adhesive Coverage: A 0.005 in. thick bondline will typically yield a coverage of 320 sq. ft/gallon Product 3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Epoxy Adhesive EC-2216 B/A Gray EC-2216 B/A Translucent Cure Temperature Time Time 75°F (24°C) 7 days 30 days 150°F (66°C) 120 minutes 240 minutes 200°F (93°C) 30 minutes 60 minutes Application and Equipment Suggestions These products may be applied by spatula, trowel or flow equipment. Two-part mixing/proportioning/dispensing equipment is available for intermittent or production line use. These systems are ideal because of their variable shot size and flow rate characteristics and are adaptable to many applications. Surface Preparation For high strength structural bonds, paint, oxide films, oils, dust, mold release agents and all other surface contaminants must be completely removed. However, the amount of surface preparation directly depends on the required bond strength and the environmental aging resistance desired by user. The following cleaning methods are suggested for common surfaces. Steel or Aluminum (Mechanical Abrasion) 1. Wipe free of dust with oil-free solvent such as acetone or alcohol solvents. * 2. Sandblast or abrade using clean fine grit abrasives (180 grit or finer). 3. Wipe again with solvents to remove loose particles. 4. If a primer is used, it should be applied within 4 hours after surface preparation. If 3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Structural Adhesive Primer EC-1945 B/A is used, apply a thin coating (0.0005") on the metal surfaces to be bonded, air dry for 10 minutes, then cure for 30 minutes at 180°F (82°C) prior to bonding. * When using solvents, extinguish all ignition sources, including pilot lights, and follow the manufacturer’s precautions and directions for use. Use solvents in accordance with local regulations. - 3 -
2. 3M ™ Scotch-Weld ™ Epoxy Adhesive EC-2216 B/A Technical Datasheet Typical Cured Physical Properties Product 3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Epoxy Adhesive EC-2216 B/A Gray EC-2216 B/A Translucent Shore D Hardness 50-65 35-50 ASTM D 2240 Time to Handling Strength 8-12 hrs. 12-16 hrs. Typical Cured Electrical Properties Product 3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Epoxy Adhesive EC-2216 B/A Gray EC-2216 B/A Translucent Arc Resistance 130 seconds — Dielectric Strength 408 volts/mil 630 volts/mil Dielectric Constant @ 73°F (23°C) 5.51–Measured @ 1.00 KHz 6.3 @ 1 KHz Dielectric Constant @ 140°F (60°C) 14.17–Measured @ 1.00 KHz — Dissipation Factor 73°F (23°C) 0.112 Measured @ 1.00 KHz 0.119 @ 1 KHz Dissipation Factor 140°F (60°C) 0.422–Measured @ 1.00 KHz — Surface Resistivity @ 73°F (23°C) 5.5 x 10 16 ohm–@ 500 volts DC — Volume Resistivity @ 73°F (23°C) 1.9 x 10 12 ohm-cm– 3.0 x 10 12 ohm-cm @ 500 volts DC @ 500 volts DC Typical Cured Thermal Properties Product 3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Epoxy Adhesive EC-2216 B/A Gray EC-2216 B/A Translucent Thermal Conductivity 0.228 Btu-ft/ ft 2 h °F 0.114 Btu-ft/ ft 2 h°F Coefficient of Thermal 102 x 10 -6 in/in/°C 81 x 10 -6 in/in/°C Expansion between 0-40°C between -50-0°C 134 x 10 -6 in/in/°C 207 x 10 -6 in/in/°C between 40-80°C between 60-150°C Handling/Curing Information Directions for Use 1. For high strength structural bonds, paint, oxide films, oils, dust, mold release agents and all other surface contaminants must be completely removed. However, the amount of surface preparation directly depends on the required bond strength and the environmental aging resistance desired by user. For suggested surface preparations of common substrates, see the following section on surface preparation. 2. These products consist of two parts. Mix thoroughly by weight or volume in the proportions specified on the product label and in the uncured properties section. Mix approximately 15 seconds after a uniform color is obtained. - 2 - Typical Cured Outgassing Properties % TML % CVCM % Wtr 3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Epoxy Adhesive EC-2216 B/A Gray .77 .04 .23 Outgassing Data NASA 1124 Revision 4 Cured in air for 7 days @ 77°F (25°C). —No value present.
4. 3M ™ Scotch-Weld ™ Epoxy Adhesive EC-2216 B/A Technical Datasheet Surface Preparation (continued) Aluminum (Chemical Etch) Aluminum alloys may be chemically cleaned and etched as per ASTM D 2651. This procedure states to: 1. Alkaline Degrease – Oakite ® Aluminum Cleaner 164 solution (9-11 oz/gal of water) at 190°F ± 10°F (88°C ± 5°C) for 10-20 minutes. Rinse immediately in large quantities of cold running water. 2. Optimized FPL Etch Solution (1 liter): Material Amount Distilled Water 700 ml plus balance of liter (see below) Sodium Dichromate 28 to 67.3 grams Sulfuric Acid 287.9 to 310.0 grams Aluminum Chips 1.5 grams/liter of mixed solution To prepare 1 liter of this solution, dissolve sodium dichromate in 700 ml of distilled water. Add sulfuric acid and mix well. Add additional distilled water to fill to 1 liter. Heat mixed solution to 66 to 71°C (150 to 160°F). Dissolve 1.5 grams of 2024 bare aluminum chips per liter of mixed solution. Gentle agitation will help aluminum dissolve in about 24 hours. To etch aluminum panels, place them in FPL etch solution heated to 66 to 71°C (150 to 160°F). Panels should soak for 12 to 15 minutes. 3. Rinse: Rinse panels in clear running tap water. 4. Dry: Air dry 15 minutes; force dry 10 minutes (minimum) at 140°F (60°C) maximum. 5. If primer is to be used, it should be applied within 4 hours after surface preparation. Plastics/Rubber 1. Wipe with isopropyl alcohol. * 2. Abrade using fine grit abrasives (180 grit or finer). 3. Wipe with isopropyl alcohol. * Glass 1. Solvent wipe surface using acetone or Methyl Ethyl Ketone (MEK). * 2. Apply a thin coating (0.0001 in. or less) of 3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Structural Adhesive Primer EC-3901 to the glass surfaces to be bonded and allow the primer to dry a minimum of 30 minutes @ 75°F (24°C) before bonding. * When using solvents, extinguish all ignition sources, including pilot lights, and follow the manufacturer’s precautions and directions for use. Use solvents in accordance with local regulations. - 4 -
1. 3 Scotch-Weld TM Epoxy Adhesive EC-2216 B/A Product Description 3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Epoxy Adhesive EC-2216 B/A is a flexible, two-part, room temperature curing epoxy with high peel and shear strength. Scotch-Weld EC-2216 Adhesive has been tested and certified for aircraft and aerospace application. Features • Excellent for bonding many metals, woods, plastics, rubbers, and masonry products. • Base and Accelerator are contrasting colors. • Good retention of strength after environmental aging. • Resistant to extreme shock, vibration, and flexing. • Excellent for cryogenic bonding applications. • The translucent can be injected. • Meets DOD-A-82720. Technical Datasheet June 2009 Typical Uncured Physical Properties Note: The following technical information and data should be considered representative or typical only and should not be used for specification purposes. Product 3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Epoxy Adhesive EC-2216 B/A Gray EC-2216 B/A Translucent Base Accelerator Base Accelerator Color: White Gray Translucent Amber Base: Modified Modified Modified Modified Epoxy Amine Epoxy Amine Net Wt.: (lb/gal) 11.1-11.6 10.5-11.0 9.4-9.8 8.0-8.5 Viscosity: (cps) (Approx.) Brookfield RVF 75,000 - 40,000 - 11,000 - 5,000 - #7 sp. @ 20 rpm 150,000 80,000 15,000 9,000 Mix Ratio: (by weight) 5 parts 7 parts 1 part 1 part Mix Ratio: (by volume) 2 parts 3 parts 1 part 1 part Work Life: 100 g Mass @ 75°F (24°C) 90 minutes 90 minutes 120 minutes 120 minutes
8. 3M ™ Scotch-Weld ™ Epoxy Adhesive EC-2216 B/A Technical Datasheet - 8 - Refer to Product Label and Material Safety Data Sheet for health and safety information before using this product. For additional health and safety information, please visit www.3M.com/msds or call 1-800-364-3577 or (651) 737-6501. Precautionary Information In the U.S., call toll free 1-800-235-2376, or fax 1-800-435-3082 or 651-737-2171. For U.S. Military, call 1-866-556-5714. If you are outside of the U.S., please contact your nearest 3M office or one of the following branches: Australia Austria Brazil Canada 61-2-498-9711 tel 01-86686-298 tel 55 19 3838-7876 tel 800-410-6880 ext. 6018 tel 61-2-498-9710 fax 01-86686-229 fax 55 19 3838-6892 fax 800-263-3489 fax China Denmark France Germany 86-21-62753535 tel 45-43-480100 tel 0810-331-300 tel 02131-14-2344 tel 86-21-62190698 fax 45-43-968596 fax 30-31-6195 fax 02131-14-3647 fax Italy Japan Korea Netherlands 02-7035-2177 tel 03-3709-8245 tel 02-3771-4114 tel 31-71-5-450-272 tel 02-7035-2125 fax 03-3709-8743 fax 02-786-7429 fax 31-71-5-450-280 fax South Africa Spain Switzerland United Kingdom 11-922-9111 tel 34-91-321-6000 tel 01-724-9114 tel (0) 161-237-6174 tel 11-922-2116 fax 34-91-321-6002 fax 01-724-9068 fax (0) 161-237-3371 fax For Additional Information Warranty, Limited Remedy, and Disclaimer Unless an additional warranty is specifically stated on the applicable 3M product packaging or product literature, 3M warrants that each 3M product meets the applicable 3M product specification at the time 3M ships the product. 3M MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OR CONDITION ARISING OUT OF A COURSE OF DEALING, CUSTOM OR USAGE OF TRADE. If the 3M product does not conform to this warranty, then the sole and exclusive remedy is, at 3M’s option, replacement of the 3M product or refund of the purchase price. Limitation of Liability Except where prohibited by law, 3M will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from the 3M product, whether direct, indirect, special, incidental or consequential, regardless of the legal theory asserted, including warranty, contract, negligence or strict liability. This product was manufactured under a 3M quality system registered to AS9100 standards. The technical information, recommendations and other statements contained in this document are based upon tests or experience that 3M believes are reliable, but the accuracy or completeness of such information is not guaranteed. Technical Information Many factors beyond 3M’s control and uniquely within user’s knowledge and control can affect the use and performance of a 3M product in a particular application. Given the variety of factors that can affect the use and performance of a 3M product, user is solely responsible for evaluating the 3M product and determining whether it is fit for a particular purpose and suitable for user’s method of application. Product Use 3M and Scotch-Weld are trademarks of the 3M Company. Oakite is a registered trademark of Chemetall, GmbH. Please recycle. Printed in U.S.A. © 3M 2009 (6/09) All rights reserved. 60-9700-0231-1 3 Aerospace & Aircraft Maintenance Department 3M Center, Building 223-1N-14 St. Paul, MN 55144-1000 1-800-235-2376 www.3M.com/aerospace
7. 3M ™ Scotch-Weld ™ Epoxy Adhesive EC-2216 B/A Technical Datasheet E. Overlap Shear Strength on Abraded Metals, Plastics, and Rubbers. Overlap shear strengths were measured on 1" x 1/2" overlap specimens. These bonds were made individually using 1" by 4" pieces of substrate (Tested per ASTM D 1002). The thickness of the substrates were: cold rolled, galvanized and stainless steel – 0.056-0.062", copper – 0.032", brass – 0.036", rubbers – 0.125", plastics – 0.125". All surfaces were prepared by solvent wiping/abrading/ solvent wiping. The free crosshead speed used for testing was 0.1 in/min for metals, 2 in/min for plastics, and 20 in/min for rubbers. Overlap Shear (psi) @ 75°F (24°C) 3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Epoxy Adhesive Substrate EC-2216 B/A Gray Aluminum/Aluminum 1850 Cold Rolled Steel/Cold Rolled Steel 1700 Stainless Steel/Stainless Steel 1900 Galvanized Steel/Galvanized Steel 1800 Copper/Copper 1050 Brass/Brass 850 Styrene Butadiene Rubber/Steel 200 * Neoprene Rubber/Steel 220 * ABS/ABS Plastic 990 * PVC/PVC, Rigid 940 * Polycarbonate/Polycarbonate 1170 * Acrylic/Acrylic 1100 * Fiber Reinforced Polyester/ Reinforced Polyester 1660 * Polyphenylene Oxide/PPO 610 PC/ABS Alloy / PC/ABS Alloy 1290 * The substrate failed during the test. - 7 - Typical Adhesive Performance Characteristics ( continued) Storage Store products at 60-80°F (16-27°C) for maximum storage life. Shelf Life When stored at the recommended temperatures in the original, unopened containers, the shelf life is two years from date of shipment from 3M or an authorized 3M Aerospace Distributor.
- 933 Total Views
- 752 Website Views
- 181 Embeded Views
- Social Shares
- 0 Likes
- 0 Dislikes
- 0 Comments
- 0 Facebook
- 0 Twitter
- 0 Google+
D_S_Katalog_20155309 Views .
find det rigtige filter til dit åndedrætsværn3866 Views .
3M jupiter manual3860 Views .
D-S Produkt index3197 Views .
D-S Produktindex2870 Views .
Guide til valg af åndedrætsværn2855 Views .
Skilte 20062709 Views .
D-S Product index2707 Views .
Åndedrætsværn 20152567 Views .
speedglas_91002564 Views .
Airvisor 2 user manual - Multi languages2495 Views .
Procedure for iklædning af engangsbeklædning2348 Views .
Åndedrætsværn 20102242 Views .
Ose.directory e-shot1989 Views .
Handsker 20121978 Views .
Handsker 20151903 Views .
Handsker 20101900 Views .
Faldsikring 20101899 Views .
EN 388 nye mærkninger forklaring1863 Views .
Handsker størrelsesguide1860 Views .